Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Big Miles

Not by me, of course. My buddy Paul rode up from Cedar Rapids to spend a few days here volunteering at the Great River Energy Bike Festival. I'm taking the rest of the week off to do this as well. It oughta be fun.

Paul rode here today from Cresco, Iowa, about 165 miles away. I didn't get home from work until 7:30 or so, and he'd just arrived. He rode a Waterford 1200 he'd had made for him many years ago. This bike doesn't have dropout eyelets, so, no room for a rack and panniers. Instead, he put on one of those seatpost-clamp racks with a rack bag and mailed his stuff up here. He said one bag, a fast bike and a credit card make for an easy way to tour.

We're both working the Saint Paul time trials tomorrow. There are supposed to be thunderstorms early. Pro racing is from 11:00 - 2:30, and I'm on the 12:30 to 3:00 shift. I'm not racing, of course, I'm in either Expo Operations or am a Course Marshall. Come see us!

No comments: