Thursday, May 11, 2006

Now where did I leave that thing?

During my transit'n'bike trip last night I got a copy of TAKEOUT, the newsletter for regular transit riders. I liked this bit:
Don’t forget to take your bike with you.

Each day, Metro Transit's Lost & Found department reunites transit customers with things they have left on buses and trains--purses, laptop computers, books, etc.

As strange as it seems, Metro Transit also ends up with at least a dozen bicycles a week that have been left in racks on the front of buses. With our rushed lifestyles, we're too busy to remember that we rode a bike to the bus stop!

If you're busy multi-tasking and forget your bike on a bus, call Lost & Found at 612-373-3333 weekdays between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Due to storage limitations, most items are kept for two weeks. Bikes are kept for only one week.
Hmmm, I wonder what they do with them after that?

No comments: